Friday, November 21, 2008

Further Northrend Musings

* Dalaran Fountain Fishing: Jaina Proudmoore is the pin-up girl of kings. Her relationships with Medivh and Uther were supposedly platonic *cough cough*. And her feelings for hunky Thrall - powerful, confident, he-of-the-immaculate-abs Thrall - were supposedly confined to "admiration". But everyone knows about her and Arthas. And according to Kael's coin, he was majorly crushing on the sorceress, too. Honestly, she could have solved all the wars of Azeroth with a little well-placed flirting.

* The Ziggurat Defenders in Borean Tundra make a snazzy Halo tribute. "Noble Hierarchs, surely you understand that once the parasite attacked..." <3

* The quest It Goes to 11... in Howling Fjord was clearly just an attempt by Blizzard to show off their new graphics. I was mildly impressed. Then I did the follow up quest, Let's Go Surfing Now. Wow. Just... wow. You must try it.

* Sharks and dolphins! The way they've done them is INCREDIBLE. The hammerheads of Howling Fjord glide powerfully and elegantly through the surf, mimicking perfectly the movements of real sharks. The melodies murmured by the orcas of Glimmer Bay are chillingly, hauntingly magical...

Get yourself to Outland and swim a little. The greatest rewards often lie just below the surface.

* Once you complete Tools to Get the Job Done for Walt of the Explorers' League, he offers you two new quests: We Can Rebuild It and We Have the Technology. I found that immensely amusing. I would like to pretend I got the reference because of my extensive knowledge of popular culture, but the truth is, they did it on Scrubs.

-----------------

Damn, I am loving this "Link" feature. Makes me feel like I'm writing for Encyclopedia Dramatica.

No comments: