Friday, November 14, 2008

Northrend Musings

Some random impressions of Northrend before I repose:

* Tuskarr are the sexiest beings known to man. They are heroic and brave and oh-so-cuddly. And they love fishing. <3

* The druids of D.E.H.T.A are unnervingly psychotic. Their struggle to annihilate all who hunt in cruel and unusual ways quickly gets creepy and disturbing. Torture some hunters over here, cut off some ears over there. It's the most chilling thing I've seen in WoW since All That Remains.

* I like how Blizzard has made Nesingwary into a villain for this expansion. Now, I love the little guy. He's pretty much my favourite NPC of all time (Mirren Longbeard and Smiling Jim, you know you still my peeps). But if there's one thing the World of Warcraft portrays spectacularly, it's moral ambiguity. Major props to Blizz for the latest in a long line of feuding factions that make you stop and really think about causes, beliefs, morals, and perspectives. Kudos.

* It's nice to have spirit tap back. I've missed you, old friend.

* Only four levels till Dalaran! Then it's time for me to fish some coins. Salty Dragonyitzi... has a ring to it.

1 comment:

AaronJ said...

my favourite npc would have to be 'new shoes bragor' lol that guy just couldnt keep himself outta prison
oh wait soz wrong game
i refuse to name a fav npc in wow... its just not realistic when u cannot pickpocket them